Saturday 18 August 2012

Premier League Week 1-Predictions (Sunday)

If anyone saw yesterday's predictions (thankfully no one really did) they'll be aware that my predictions...flat out sucked. The only thing I was close to getting correct was the Arsenal v Sunderland game (I predicted 1-1 and the actual outcome was 0-0), thankfully I don't think I could ever do that badly again, so the only way is up.

With 2 matches today I'll try again and hopefully I'll manage to get at least 1 of these right.

Wigan v Chelsea (13:30)-I really can't see Wigan having an easy season this year, despite the fact they have the excellent Roberto Martinez in charge they players and funds sadly aren't there for Wigan to be a team that can really hold their own. Roman Abramovich at Chelsea has really opened the purse strings over summer and Roberto di Matteo seems to have the trust of the players, after all he did lead them to the Champion League trophy last year. If I'm a Wigan fan here...I avoid the TV, Radio, Newspaper for the next day or two as I imagine this is going to be an annihilation by Chelsea who will be looking to hit the floor running.

Wigan 0-7 Chelsea

Manchester City v Southampton (16:00)-Manchester City are lucky. Not only do they have bottomless pockets thanks to their owners but they also know what they will also know what need to do to climb to the top spot in the Premier League for the end of the weekend. With this in mind, and with the fact that they are playing Premier League new boys Southampton I really imagine this is going to look like the proverbial lamb to the slaughter. Southampton were very good last season in the Championship, Man City however were very, very good in the Premier League, the difference in class will tell here. I wouldn't be hugely surprised if we saw records fall here as City try to send a message to the rest of the league.

Manchester City 10-1 Southampton

We saw a lot of goals (19) on Saturday spread across 7 games, I really wouldn't be surprised if we saw more in these 2 games than we saw in them 7. This is a day that could see genuinely stupid scorelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment